1. Be prepared! Scope your bike out, make adjustments, and lube your chain if necessary before the ride. Bring some water, snacks, night lighting, flat tire repair essentials, and care for the groups’ well-being. No one is left behind.
2. Follow traffic rules. The atmosphere of the SC Bike Party is fun, friendly, welcoming, and safe. Our goal is to celebrate cycling and build community, not to cause conflict with car drivers. Please help us maintain a positive atmosphere by keeping in mind the following guidelines:
- Stay to the Right. This is not Critical Mass; please stay to the right on 2-lane roads, or in the right lane on larger roads.
- Stop at Lights and Stop Signs. Never enter an intersection against a light. With small groups we may cork intersections to allow the back end to make it through with the front.
- Ride Straight – Please help avoid crashes by riding predictably, without any sudden turns or stops.
- Don’t Hate – Please roll past any conflict that might present itself during the ride.
- Pack your Trash – Aspire to leave party stops in better condition than we found them.
- Don’t Get Smashed – Riding while inebriated poses a danger to yourself and others. Don’t ruin the fun for everyone else by overdoing it.
3. Keep it Beautiful. Please leave everywhere we go as we found it, if not nicer.